Delhi College Of Arts & Commerce(DCAC) is a consitituent college of Delhi University. This co-educational institution was established in 1987. With a campus area of approx. 5 acres and bulit up area of around 2.5 acres,DCAC offers 18 undergraduate courses along with various add on and self financed courses. It is well connected by Delhi Metro,INA,AIIMS,Bhikaji Kama Place and RK Puram being the nearest metro stations.
As the name suggests there are two buildings for commerce and arts respectively. The basic amenities include girls common room,music room,playground,double storeyed library,canteen, auditorium and several seminar rooms. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled with laboratories,hospital and medical facilities,sports complex and gymnasium.
- BA(H) Economics
- BA(H) English
- BA(H) Journalism
- BA(H) Political Science
- BA(H) History
BA(Prog) is offered with discipline options like Economics,English,Advertising Sales Promotion & Management,Maths,Human Resource Management,Spanish, German,Operation Research, Political Science,History, Computer Application,Hindi and Finance & Accounting.
- Basic course in Mass Media for a period of 3 months is available. DCAC also offers certificate/diploma course in German,French and Spansih languages.
The college follows the same admission procedure and reservation policy as per the Delhi University guidelines.
DCAC offers a wide range of curricular and extra-curricular activities along with active Cells operated for students.
- Commerce Association includes finance cell(ROKRA), marketing cell(MERCADO), business organization cell(COMMENCIA) and CLIFF society.
- Cultural Societies include debating society(Debsoc), dramatic society(Leher), music society(Dastgah), dance society(DriftUp), photography society(Clicks), fashion society(Stylus.in) and quiz society(Concurso).
- Enactus society.
- The MUN & Youth Parliament society.
- Environment society(Prakriti).
- FSE (Friday school of economics).
- Gandhi Study Circle.
- Entrepreneurship Cell(Vyapaar)
- Various students cells include Women’s Cell, SC/ST Cell, Northeast students Cell and OBC Cell.
- NCC and NSS
Delhi College of Arts & Commerce ensures participation of students in physical activities and inter college tournaments. Various sports like swimming, judo, taekwondo, boxing, athletics, football, volleyball, table tennis,etc. are offered here.
Most of it’s passed out students are doing great in the field of mass media and journalism. Mr.Rahul Verma is a social worker,an activist and founder of Uday Foundation. Mr.Nalin Mehta is a senior journalist and former managing editor of Headlines Today. Mr.Rahul Kanwal is a senior journalist in TV Today Networks. Mr.Cyrus Sahukar is a VJ and Bollywood actor. Atlast but not the least, Mr.Gursimran Khamba from AIB.
What makes it special?
DCAC is amongst the top 10 Delhi University colleges in South Delhi. The placement cell of DCAC, Broadway,aims to provide interlink between corporate sector and the academia. Companies like E&Y, Axis Risk Consultant, KPMG(India), KPMG(global), Bharti Airtel, Aditya Birla Money Mart, Royal Bank of Scotland,etc. and many more are invited for recruitment. Moreover,Equal Opportunity Cell functions here for the empowerment of persons with disabilities by organizing sensitization workshops and mobility orientation campaigns and providing career counseling to the disabled students.