The Department of Teacher Training & Non-Formal Education in Jamia Millia Islamia was established as a Teacher Training Institute in 1938 under the inspiring leadership of Dr. Zakir Husain in response to the need to prepare teachers for the Basic Education Scheme launched by Mahatma Gandhi in 1937.
Department of Teacher Training & Non Formal Education (Institute of Advanced studies in Education) is a comprehensive Teacher Education Institution which offers following courses:
B.Ed 2(year) prepares teachers for secondary/ Sr. secondary schools (at present training in 17 school subjects being offered), B.Ed ( special Education) 2(year) prepares teachers for children with special needs: in areas of (Visual Impairment & Learning Disability, B.Ed 2 (year) prepares teacher for Nursery Education.
B.Ed. : Rs.6,800/- per year
B.Ed.(Special Education) : Rs.6,800/ year
B.Ed.(Nursery Education) : Rs.6,800/year
JMI B.Ed. Entrance Eligibility
Bachelor’s Degree with not less than 50% marks (except B.A./B.Sc. vocation courses). OR ( i i ) Bachelor’s Degree with not less than 45% marks except B.A./ B.Sc. (vocational) courses AND at least 50% marks in Master’s Degree Examination in any School teaching subject. Applicants for teaching of Commerce must possess a Master’s Degree in Commerce with at least 50% marks
There are 200 seats in the in the B.Ed general programme. 50 % of the total seats are for the General category, and 50% are reserved for following categories .
- 30% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Muslim applicants.
- (ii) 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Women applicants who are Muslims.
- (iii) 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for “Other Backward Classes” (OBCs) and Scheduled Tribes who are Muslims, as per the list notified by the Central Government.
- 5% seats in all Programs in Jamia Millia Islamia shall be reserved for physically challenged persons.
- 5% seats in all Undergraduate Degree/Diploma/Certificate Programs shall be filled by internal students of Jamia who have passed their qualifying examination (XorXII) from Jamia Schools as regular students.
- CandidatesfromJammu &Kashmir are required to apply and go through the entire admission process. Their admission will be considered over and above not exceeding 2seats in the program
Admission Procedure :
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of Written Test of 170 marks. Written Test for B. Ed. Will comprise of following three parts: There is a negative marking.
- Part I General Ability Test : 75 Marks
- Part II Language Proficiency test : 35 Marks
- Part III Subject Comprehension Test : 60 Marks
PART-I – GENERAL ABILITY TEST :
- General Ability Test will consist of multiple choice items only. The test will be constructed in English medium only. The areas covered in the test are:
- General Intelligence: 25 Marks
- General Awareness: 25 Marks
- Teaching Aptitude: 25 Marks
PART-II – LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST:
- (i) A candidate has to take a Language Proficiency Test in the language he/ she has opted as medium of instruction viz. English or Hindi or Urdu.
- (ii) Language Proficiency Test will consist of objective type and short answer type questions. B. Ed. students are divided into sections made on the basis of medium of instructions. On Admission a candidate will be allotted a section for which he/ she has taken the Language Proficiency Test.
- PART-III – SUBJECT COMPREHENSION TEST:
- (i) A candidate has to take subject proficiency test in subject he/she has applied for.
- (ii) The test will consist of 60 multiple choice test items.
- (iii) The test will be constructed in English except for the languages. However, test in Arabic and Persian will be in Urdu only.
- iv) The test in this paper will cover content up to graduation level.
If you have any query regarding the course, mail me at: email@example.com