12 students from various departments of Aligarh Mulsim University have been selected by the Aligarh Alumni Association of New England (AAANE), Boston, USA, under its ambitious Sir Syed Excellence in Science Award (SSESA) through online interview conducted at the AMU Alumni Affairs Office after shortlisting on their performance in academics and written test. SSESA is a merit-based scholarship awarded to academically outstanding students of Aligarh Muslim University. It provides mentorship and financial support to the students preparing for entrance examinations such as GRE, TOEFL.The selected students will be provided with the application fees for admission to the universities around the globe.
The students who have been selected for the Sir Syed Excellence in Science Award (SSESA) Scholarship for the session 2017-2018
- Anupriya Goyal (B.Tech. Computer)
- Somya Agarwal (B. Tech. Computer)
- Areeb Mahmood (B.Tech. Mechanical)
- Syed Mustafa Saleem (B.Tech. Civil)
- Shashank Kumar Garg (B.Tech. Electronics)
- M. Farhan Akhtar (B. Tech. Civil)
- Aman Agarwal (B.Tech. Mech.)
- Junaid Ahmad Pandith (M. Tech. Agriculture)
- Sobia Abdin (MA English)
- Musfar Mohamed K (M.Sc. Physics)
- Maha Mohammed Khan (B. Tech. Computer)
- Mohammad Hassan (B. Tech. Mech.).
The selection panel was headed by the Dr. Syed Masarrat Ali and Dr. Noman Siddiqi of Aligarh Alumni Association of New England.