As the school academic session for 2014-2015 closes, the race for admission to the country’s coveted engineering institutes begins. Just a few days back, students across the country appeared for JEE Mains and Advanced. While IITs surely are among the best engineering institutes in India, there are many others who equally excel in infrastructure and academic environment. Media Group India Today recently released a list of India’s top 10 engineering institutes.
The list based on the India Today’s survey of best engineering institutes’ rates them on various parameters like reputation, Academic Input, Student Care, Infrastructure, Placement, Perpetual Rank and Factual Rank. While IITs, as always continue their dominance in the list, it also reveals some surprises. Here’s over to the Top 10 Best engineering institutes of 2015.
1) IIT- Kanpur
Established in 1959, pioneer in Technological in India maintaining its previous spot of the best.
2) IIT- Kharagpur
Having the prestige of being the First IIT established in the year 1951, IIT-KGP has the largest campus (around 2100 acres) and most number of departments.
3) Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani
It is a private university established in1964 deals with 15 academic departments.
4) Institute of Technology, BHU
Newly declared IIT in India with 13 departments
and 3 inter-disciplinary schools.
5) Delhi Technological University
It has a history of 65 years in imparting technological education.
6) Vellore Institute of Technology
With a beautiful campus and 13 UG and 28 PG Programme, VIT stood sixth.
7) IIT- Guwahati
Established in the year 1994, this IIT with a special department in Design, stood 7th.
8) S.R.M Engineering College
Situated in Kanchipuram is a deemed university, with good infrastructure.
9) Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
Formerly, known as Delhi Institute of Technology. NSIT is affiliated to DU.
10) NIT- Karnataka
Situated in a beautiful city of Karnataka and founded in 1960 as KREC, today it is one of 18 NITs of India.
IIT – Kanpur holds the pride of being best. How?
• IIT-Kanpur, since its inception in the year 1959 has been the pioneer in the field of Engineering and Technology.
• Every year, IIT-Kanpur works towards newer and better field of research and technology. It is also the only institutes to have a HELICOPTER Lab.
• Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with IIT- Kanpur for a project to develop an autonomous rotary UAV in the 10kg weight class.
• In the field of Research, it has shown sustained growth. The number of externally funded ongoing projects has reached 455 with a total sanctioned amount of Rs368 crore, which is the highest since its inception.
• It has decade-long collaboration with a consortium of US universities under the Kanpur Indo- American Programme (KIAP).
No Doubt why IIT-Kanpur stands ahead of all Engineering Students.
Truly the best in the country.