Initiated in 2013, the School of Public Policy and Governance (SPPG) is conceived to respond to the mismatch between existing policy institutions and emerging social and policy challenges
- Current governance frameworks now include a wider panoply of state, parastatal and non-state actors
- These institutions demand a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, drawn from outside the government, to engage with policy ideas through an analysis of institutions and regulatory practices, social structure, big-data and analytics, and law
- Responding to this demand, TISS- Hyderabad offers a two year full time graduate programme – M.A. in Public Policy and Governance (MA-PPG)
- It provides students with interdisciplinary expertise, methodological skills and field experience required for working as a public policy professional or to pursue higher academic degrees
- It encourages students to engender operational frameworks for accountable governance and create human opportunities towards a just society
For the further particulars about Course Curriculum, Key learning Outcome, Employment Opportunities and Past Employment Record and other details, please download: http://www.tiss.edu/uploads/files/SPPG_brochure_2018_yHx2qE1.pdf
Intake: 30 Seats
Scheme of Admission:
The application forms for the admission will be available between the months of October to December every year.
The programme is open to Bachelors degree with a pass class cleared in one sitting. This masters programme will draw students who have completed graduation in law, economics, sociology, political science, engineering, medicine, social work, management, anthropology, psychology and similar disciplines. Programmes is also open for development practitioners, policymakers, government line ministry staff and programme managers, to engage in complex local governance processes.
- a) Candidates having a bachelor’s degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent ( under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
- b) At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree progremme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree progrmmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
Scheme of Entrance Exam:
The selection of candidates for different programmes happens in two stages and has three components of assessment. All candidates appear for the National entrance test (TISSNET). Based on the performance in the TISSNET examination, only short listed candidates are called for the Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview.(PIT/PI)
Marks for Different Components of Assessment
|National Common Written Test*||100 marks|
|Pre-Interview Test/GD||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
*TISS-NET has no negative marking.
|Fees||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Total Fees for Non-Hostellers*||38200||26300||19800||20300|
|Hostel Chargers*||As per actual of service provider|
*Special Concessions in the fees will give to the Reserved Category Students.
Reservation Policy for admission to the year 2017-18 is as per Government of India requirements:-
(a) Scheduled Castes (SC) : 15% of the total seats.
(b) Schedule Tribes (ST) : 7.5% of the total seats.
(c) Other Backward Classes (OBC( Non-Creamy Layers).: 27% of the total seats.
The seats reserved for the SC/ST shall be filled by the SC/ST candidates only. However, in the case of non-availability of the eligible candidates, the reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC & ST. If still any seat remains unfilled, the same shall be left vacant.
The seats reserved for the OBCs shall be filled with the OBC candidates only. Only if OBC candidates possessing the minimum eligibility marks are not available in the OBC category then the vacant OBC seats shall be converted into General Category seats in accordance with the admission schedule notified by the Institute.
*For Further Information about the institute’s reservation policy, please see the official website of the institute.
Research oriented students have joined top ranked universities such as University of Oxford to further their career as policy researchers. Others service a variety of different sectors, ranging from the elite Vision team – Department of Planning (helping the newly formed state of Andhra Pradesh to plan and execute policies for the new state). Our other beneficiaries include various state government departments, international consultancy firms and grassroots organisations. Some of them have initiated their own innovative organisations to make a real difference at the grassroots