CBSE, the conducting authority for the most sought-after Engineering exam, has taken a good measure by adding answers to the most asked queries on IIT JEE. So now, if applicants face any confusion while filling JEE Main application form, they can immediately find the right answers on the official website.
For the ease of applicants, we have explained properly the major confusions faced by the students and how to resolve those issues.
Common Confusions in Filling JEE Main Application Form and Clarifications from CBSE
Most of the queries are related to the aadhaar card, correction in the application form and online application format. We have translated those below for your ease.
- Confusions Related to Adhaar Card
It is seen that the maximum queries are related to aadhaar card only. Candidates have been asking questions like their records are not accurate in their aadhaar card or are not matching with the information in their supporting documents.
Also, what will happen if they have recently enrolled for updating details in aadhaar card and not yet received the new aadhaar card, so would they be able to apply for JEE Main 2018. What to do if their aadhaar authentication will fail during JEE Main application form submission.
Candidates also wonder how can the aspirants from Assam, Jammu & Kashmir and Meghalaya, who do not have aadhaar card can apply for JEE Main 2018, and if in case they hold an aadhaar card, could they choose examination center across India in JEE Main 2018?
Clarifications Related to Adhaar Card
Well, CBSE clarifies that applicants may fill JEE Main 2018 application form by providing 14 digits aadhaar card enrolment ID (including slash ‘/’) printed on the aadhaar update slip issued by Aadhaar Centre on submitting the update request in case they have submitted a request for either a new aadhaar card, or for updating the existing particulars.
Secondly, if the aadhaar authentication will fail while applying for JEE Main application form, you need to verify the correct aadhaar number as mentioned on the card along with the biometrics in the aadhaar database. In the latter case, you can submit a correction request at the aadhaar center for updating biometrics and then apply for JEE Main by providing 14 digits aadhaar enrolment ID (including slash) printed on the slip issued by Aadhaar center after submitting the updation request.
At last, about the aspirants from Assam, Jammu & Kashmir and Meghalaya, they are excluded from the aadhaar card requirement only if they opt to get the examination center in their states. In such a case, it is fine for them to provide bank account number, ration card number, passport number or any other valid identity issued by the government of India or state, provided that they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Confusions Related to Correction in Online Application Form
Many enquire if they can change the mode of JEE Main after the submission of application form. Also, if in case they have applied for both Paper – 1 and Paper – 2, would they be able to attempt any one of these papers. If so, would the application fee for the unattempted exam be refunded?
In addition to this, other small queries such as if they need to provide their class 12th roll number or are also curious about the scenarios when more than one application form are submitted for the same candidate. Few aspirants need clarity in case they do not select the preference of date & time slot for the online exam at the selected city, then what would happen.
Clarifications Related to Correction in Online Application Form
CBSE clarifies well on all the above-mentioned queries. As per the board, candidates may change the mode of exam only from offline mode to online mode, and not from online to offline. Additionally, the following corrections can be made in the application form only if the applicant has paid the application fee and completed all the steps of online application form submission:
- All the particulars including the city of examination.
- Paper – 2 to Paper – 1 and vice versa.
- You may also select both papers if it was not done earlier. The balance fee for the additional paper will have to be paid by the specified time.
CBSE clears that the applicants who have registered for both papers may appear in any one or both the papers as per their choice. But the application fee will not be refunded in any case. Also, the option of entering the roll number is not mandatory. If it is allotted, then the candidates can mention it in the application form. Else they may leave it blank.
Regarding the multiple application forms, CBSE clarifies that when more than one application forms are submitted by the same candidate, normally they are merged due to the resemblance of all the fields. And only one admit card is issued to the candidate. However, aspirants also must send an e-mail to email@example.com mentioning both the application numbers and specifying clearly the application number which they want to be retained.
In case candidates do not specify their choice for a date and time slot, it will be randomly assigned as per the availability at the selected city. Those details will be mentioned on the admit card of the candidate.
- Confusions Related to Online Application Format
Many of the candidates seek for clarity over JEE Main 2018 eligibility. Apart from that, students who have to appear for the improvement exams ask for the information they need to fill in their application form. Candidates also enquire if the photograph without name and date be rejected or is the thumb impression mandatory while filling the application form.
Some candidates wonder if their board is recognized under Association of Indian Universities and seek the list of such recognized boards. Students also at times face the ‘Session timed out’ or ‘File not found’ errors while filling the online application form. And inquire about the remedies in such cases. They also like to know the process to be followed when the transaction fails.
Clarifications Related to Online Application Format
CBSE clarifies that the candidates are eligible for JEE Main 2018 only if:
- They were born on or after October 1, 1993.
- They have qualified in class 12th in 2016/2017 or appeared for the same in 2018.
- They have earlier appeared in JEE in only maximum previous two years.
CBSE says that the students appearing for the improvement exam in 2018 need to select the year of passing class 12th as 2016/2017 and enter the roll number, the name of the board and other details of 2016/2017 in the application form. Additionally, they need to select ‘Yes’ from the ‘Appearing for Improvement Examination’ field.
Also, the application will not be rejected in case of the photograph without name and date, but it is still advised to mention the name and date on it. Also, thumb impression is not a necessity in an online application form.
For accessing the list of boards recognized under Association of Indian Universities, candidates can visit the website – www.aiuweb.org. If in case the candidates face any problems in opening the application form, the following steps would help:
- Try to use Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer (above version 9.0) and Google Chrome browsers one-by-one. One of these should work.
- Ensure that the speed of internet connection is good.
- If the problem still persists, clear cookies and history of the browsers and fill in off-peak hours.
- If it is still not working, try using some other computer or laptop.
CBSE clarifies that the acknowledgment page is not displayed for printing or downloading in case of the failed transaction. In that case, the applicants need to repay the fee either through an online transaction or by e-challan and download the acknowledgment page. The amount of failed transaction will be refunded back within 7 to 10 working days. If any candidate has paid the fee through e-challan and it is not updated on the website, they need to contact the concerned bank for updating the fee. If the problem still persists, they must e-mail the copy of paid e-challan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Fill JEE Main Application Form?
JEE Main is scheduled on April 08, 2018 for paper-based test and on April 15 and 16, 2018 for the online mode. JEE Main 2018 will comprise a total number of 90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) or objective type questions with equal weightage given to all the subjects. For appearing in the exam, one must have filled the application form in a correct way. Let’s go through the process of application form filling.
- Access JEE Main official website – jeemain.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Apply for JEE Main 2018’ link.
- Read the instructions and click ‘Proceed to Apply Online’. The application form will appear.
- Fill or select from the given options from all the required fields carefully. Additionally, enter the password, confirm password, security question and answer.
- Click ‘Next’. The review page will open.
- Verify all the information carefully and click ‘Submit’. An Application Number displays on the screen. Note it down. The same will also be sent to your specified e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Verify e-mail Id and mobile number and then upload candidate’s photograph, candidate’s signature and parent’s signature in the prescribed format.
- Click ‘Pay Exam Fee’ in case you want to pay the application fee through credit card, debit card or net banking. Or click ‘e-Challan’ for generating e-challan and making the payment in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank by cash.
- After successful payment, the acknowledgment page is displayed on the screen. Take the printout.
Indeed, we have shared all the important information you should know while filling JEE Main application form correctly. But we still suggest you to also go through JEE Main official information brochure and other notifications from CBSE very carefully and thoroughly before applying.