ALIGARH August 11:
As part of celebrations of the 198th birth anniversary of its legendary founder and great social reformer, Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the Aligarh Muslim University is organizing an All India Essay Writing Competition for university and college students in English language on the topic, “In keeping with Sir Syed’s vision of spread of modern scientific education, AMU is running 10 schools up to Senior Secondary level. How can we ensure a strong educational foundation at school level?”
Dr. Rahat Abrar, Public Relations Officer, has urged the bona fide students of Indian universities and colleges to participate in the competition. However, students of schools up to senior secondary level are not allowed to partake in the All India literary event.
Dr. Abrar pointed out that a cash prize of Rs. 25,000, 15,000 and 10,000 have been announced for the essays achieving first, second and third places respectively. He said that the state level toppers of the competition will also be given a sum of Rs. 5,000 as consolation prize. The prizes shall be presented at the Sir Syed Day Commemorative Meeting on October 17, 2015, he added.
Dr. Abrar clarified that all prize winners shall be provided boarding and lodging along with one of his or her close relatives like mother, father, brother or sister. The first, second and third prize winners will be given both way AC II class railway fare while the state level toppers are entitled to second class sleeper fare.Essays written in 3000 words and typed in 1.5 space on A4 size paper along with a soft copy and photograph of the candidate must reach the office of the Public Relations Office, AMU, Aligarh by September 25, 2015.
Rules and Regulations:
- The participant must be a bonafide student of a University or a College. School students up to Class XII are not eligible to participate.
- The essay should be submitted on A4 size paper in double space typed on one side and should contain around 3000 (three thousand) words duly forwarded by Head of the Institution. A soft copy of the essay along with the photograph of the participant is also essentially required.
- The essay must be original, not already published in any book, magazine, newspaper and internet.
- Bonafide certificate from the College/University along with the correspondence address including contact number and E-mail ID of the participant must be provided on a separate sheet attached along with the essay. The participants’ state will be determined on the basis of his/her institution’s address.
- There are three cash prizes viz., First Prize of Rs. 25,000/-, Second Rs. 15,000/- & Third Rs. 10,000/-. Besides, State level toppers of aforesaid competition will also be given a sum of Rs. 5,000/- as consolation prize.
- The first, second and third prize winners will be given both ways AC-II class railway fare and State level toppers will be given second class sleeper fare.
- All prize winners shall be provided boarding and lodging in the University along with one relative (Father, mother, brother or sister).
- The essay must be sent to the Public Relations Officer, AMU, Aligarh-202002 latest by 25th September 2015.
- The prizes shall be presented on the occasion of Sir Syed Day celebration on October 17, 2015 by the Chief Guest.
- The decision of the University with regard to the prizes will be final.
For any further enquiry, participants may contact the undersigned.
Dr. Rahat Abrar
Public Relations Officer